Saturday, October 27, 2012

Losing my mind

Pregnancy brain, fact or fiction? FACT!!!!

I have become a complete ditz. Like really, so far this week I've gone the wrong way in our building coming out of the bathroom, gotten out of the car with the keys still in the ignition, every time I go to the doctor I have to pee in a cup- this week went straight into the bathroom, sat down peed, walked right out without ever looking at the cup, forgot to take my vitamins twice. I did something else that I can't remember and Jay looked at me like I had lost my mind. It has to be all of the things swirling around in my head between baby stuff, work, home, etc. My co-workers think its hilarious.

I got her bedding already, it's very simple but sweet. I would post a picture but it is monogrammed so that's not happening. It's the Harper bedding from Pottery Barn, in chocolate brown. I think you have to go under the boy's section to see the chocolate brown, but it doesn't look masculine at all. The sheet is brown and white polka dot.

My friend is insisting on this shower thing. Jay is upset because she picked the same day as the LSU/Ole Miss game but he can just get over it. If I have to go to this thing, he does too. I've made a lot of concessions over the last 15 years for football, mainly this past year with the anniversary thing, he can sacrifice one game for a freakin baby shower. I've got almost everything I need to start off, just missing a few things. On the breastfeeding stuff, I just made my best guess because I'm clueless. I made two lists one on BuyBuyBaby and one on Amazon, but the Amazon one is just fun stuff like books/movies and toys and it's under my maiden name.

Still deciding on her middle name. I've narrowed it down to 2. Can't decide which one I like better.

In medical news:

Had my first "weekly" visit this week. This week was for a non-stress test. They basically hooked me up to a monitor to chart her heartbeat and I had to push a button every time I hear her move. Of course, my child would be sitting really deep and I had to press the monitor into my stomach for 30 mins. My arm was so sore. But even with that it was still kind of relaxing and reassuring to sit and listen to her heart go for 30 mins though, you could hear her moving too. Got a flu shot too, so I should be good there. My mom wants Jay to go get the whooping cough shot, I don't think I can get it but she said he needs to because it's so dangerous for babies to get that.

I also had an appointment with the dietician. I've lost 3 lbs in one week. No one seemed to be concerned, so I guess that's okay. That puts me at 4 for the total pregnancy and she weighs about 4, so not sure how that works out.

My blood sugar numbers have been okay. This last week has been very very frustrating, I seem to have taken a turn for the worse. The supper numbers and some of the other numbers were just completely out of whack. I had a ham and cheese panini, which literally consisted of two pieces of whole grain bread, 4 oz's of ham and a piece of american cheese. NOTHING ELSE, and my blood sugar was 143. That's the highest it's been. The other 3 nights were just as baffling.  I ate things I've eaten since I got this and the numbers were much higher. The dietician was scratching her head too.

After we talked about it, I realized that this last week has been what is called "month end" at work. We had to have our loans done by Thursday for them to count. And right now we are having to do everything to get them done, no one else is helping. It's extremely stressful, and I'm sure I make it more so because I put so much pressure on myself. We deduced that this has to be what is going on. I can't believe stress would raise your blood sugar 40 points, but the dietician says it most certainly could. So now, I have to do some light exercise after my meal if I'm under a lot of stress, which when am I not? It's easy for someone to say just stop stressing and worrying but it's what I do, it's what I've always done, it's just who I am. I don't know how to be any different.

I think I'm going to end up on insulin. The doctor asked me how I felt about it, so I think he's trying to ease me into the idea. I told him I didn't want to do it but obviously if I need it I certainly will. It's only for a little while. I can do anything for a little while. I'm pretty sure he's going to do this on my next visit on Thursday, especially after he sees my numbers of this last week and weekend. I didn't take them to him this week so he was talking about insulin before seeing how bad they've gotten. I get an ultrasound on Thursday so she's being monitored very closely :)

That's all I know. Still working on the house. It feels so industrial, I'm trying to figure out how to make it look more comfortable. I'm sure it's just going to take some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment