Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sippin on some Sizzurp...........

Doctor's appointment today. 28 weeks. Took the glucose test. I think I had so much anxiety built up and still do, I didn't sleep much last night. Plus I had a lot of work stuff floating around in my head too.

So, I move into the third trimester having gained gained 5 lbs. Overall that's 7 lbs. (if you are counting, which I am). I'm a little nervous about the test because I was super dizzy after the drink and then I wanted to go into like a sugar induced deep sleep about 30 mins to an hour later. Maybe that's normal though. 

The baby girl, now being referred to at work as Baby Hawk, weighs 2 lbs 12 oz. I'm not sure how they know this but she said they can figure it out. They said she looks good. All things look like they are functioning well. She wouldn't look at the sonogram thing though so no good shots of her face. I did get to see her kick around though. Her feet are definitely low. BUT we are springing for the 4D ultrasound in two weeks since we haven't really gotten a good picture of her yet. Very excited about this. 

In two days, we will have our 1 year anniversary. Which will be spent apart, one of us at a ballgame and the other shopping for wedding outfits. It's okay though, we both took Monday off to spend together. Plus we've been together for so long, I think we will be okay. This is what I get for getting married in football season. At least this only happens once every 7 years!

Also in one week we are moving. Very exciting but very overwhelming. We have so much to do and as much as I'm impressed of what he does have done, my husband is the worst procrastinator in the world. We have about two weeks worth of packing to do and one week, well less than one week to do it. 

Once we get in there, I'm going to have to go through everything and get moving on what I need and what I don't. I have almost everything, thanks to one very generous sister in law but there are a few things that I need. One things for sure, this baby is going to have much nicer stuff than her mother and father do, like furniture. Our bedroom consists of a hami-down dresser, target nightstands and a sofa table from Fred's that's been converted into a makeup table. No headboard but that's okay. I think I better get used to this fact. You always want better for your child than what you have for yourself. 

Almost done on the daycare front. We visited two more and I think I've pretty decided on one that is around the corner from work. It's not as nice as the first one we saw but it's clean, has closed circuit tv, $500 less a month, and everyone seems really nice. I also have a co-worker that has a little girl in there and she's been very happy. I guess that's all you ask for an infant. 

I'm officially out of my jeans and due to a broken zipper situation out of my black pants, although my regular black pants are more comfortable and fit better than the maternity pants. I'm so upset about the zipper, it's not fixable. 

That's all I got. Will update in two weeks when I've actually seen Baby Hawk's face!


No comments:

Post a Comment