Friday, November 23, 2012

Stuff, stuff and more stuff

A lot has happened in the last week and a half.

My friend threw her shower thing that she wanted to throw. It turned out to be okay. There were actually more guys there than girls (I work with a lot of men) and it was very laid back just like I wanted and all of the "non pregnant" people, aka everyone else, had drinks and was very relaxed. I am very grateful and appreciate that I have a friend that would do that for me.

I have some pictures on my phone but they were sent in a stream and not sure how to pick out the ones I don't like vs. the ones I do. One of my friends made a fabulous cake with a little lamb on it. It was DELICIOUS, but I only got like half of a piece. They had stuffed lambs all over the house and it was very very cute. I had told them that I was drawn more towards lambs but wasn't making it a theme in her room or anything so now she has like 4 or 5 stuffed lambs and we bought some pictures with lambs so I guess it is a theme.

I've been on a shopping bonanza this week. I DO NOT like to spend money, especially a lot at one time, but I'm in a really big hurry so it is what it is. I'm ready to get it done so I can rest up the last 2 weeks. We've got pretty much everything now, through the shower, gift cards and things I've been saving up for. I'm just patiently waiting for the furniture to be delivered. I think they are chopping down the wood for it or something. It's ridiculous. It shouldn't take 8 to 10 weeks to get a crib. The changing table and the chair are in. I'm just waiting on the crib and then they are going to deliver them all together.

We've now got a car seat/travel system thing. We've got a swing. All or most of the clothes have been washed. The only thing I'm a little light on is the feeding stuff because I don't really know how all of that is going play out and diapers. I bought the parts to the pump, Jay's coworker let me borrower and I got a bottle starter kit at the shower and bottles from my sister in law so I have stuff. Just not sure how it's all going to play out. On the diapers, someone gave me 3 sample packs of three different kinds so I figure I'll go through those, figure out which one I like and then send Jay to the store for more of those.

The Christmas Tree is up. I've never put it up this early but since we only have 3 to 4 weeks and I want to relax for at least the last 2, we went ahead and did it. Our apartment is getting crowded, so I suggested no tree and Jay said "no, we have to have a tree". So there is some light decorating. We aren't getting presents this year so I don't know why we need a tree. I did buy her one thing. I bought her a rocking horse. She won't be able to use it for a very long time but he was really cute and on sale so I bought it. It will look cute in her room at least. I might end up getting Jay something small, not sure what yet but not sure when I'll have time or be away from him long enough to buy him something. I don't hardly go anyway by myself these days.

Doctor's Appointment on Monday. Just for a non stress test nothing big. I'm getting very uncomfortable. It's harder and harder to get up. Jay actually had to tie my shoes today, how helpless have I become?


No comments:

Post a Comment